Supporting the Delivery of PE & School Sport
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education and School Sport is designed to provide a vocational pathway into the provision of Children’s Physical Activity and School Sport delivery and development.
Those who complete this Advanced Apprenticeship will be suitably qualified with the knowledge, understanding and competency to deliver, plan, organise and assess the learning of children in a range of environments including the community and schools.
It’s particularly useful if your apprentices have been former recipients of activity leadership or coaching qualifications and are looking to progress to a physical activity or school sport role.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning (QCF)
- Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2
- Functional Skills Qualification in Maths at Level 2
Prior to REGISTRATION you are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age to attend the programme of training
- hold a Level 2 physical education or sport related qualification, examples include:
- the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
- GCSE in Physical Education (Grades A-C)
- a Level 2 National Governing Body of Sport coaching qualification
- a Level 2 BTEC in Sport
- a Level 2 qualification in sports/activity leadership or
- a 1st4sport recognised equivalent
- be able to communicate effectively in English1 (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
There are no additional pre-requisites to certification other than successful completion of the required assessments.
The 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport prepares you for employment in a school sport setting and provides opportunities for you to work as a physical education and school sport professional.
This could include roles such as a Senior Children’s Activity Professional, a School Sport Volunteer, a School Sports Coach (when held in conjunction with one (or more) sports coaching qualifications) or a School Sports Leader.
The qualification can help you become a qualified Teaching Assistant (TA) or Higher-Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA). Five of the units you will achieve form part of the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools and the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools and cover the underpinning knowledge and understanding for those working directly with children or young people in schools.