1st4sport Level 2 Certificate
The Level 2 Certificate in Activity Leadership is designed for those individuals who wish to gain both the knowledge and skills to effectively plan, deliver/lead and evaluate a series of activities. The activities that learners choose could include Outdoors, Exercise and Fitness, and Coaching and Leadership, and can relate to a number of different job roles within the physical activity and leisure industries.
- Unit A52 – Support the work of your team and organisation
- Unit C22 – Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Unit D214 – Support equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation
- Unit D21 – Prepare for activity sessions
- Unit D22 – Lead activity sessions
- Unit D23 – Conclude and review activity sessions
- Unit C12 – Set up, take down and store activity equipment
- Unit C32 – Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
Prior to REGISTRATION you are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age to attend the programme of training
This qualification can lead to paid or voluntary employment in roles which involves leading activities for adults or young people. It could also be used as a progression to a sports specific coaching qualification.
The skills and knowledge developed through this qualification may also be used to enable learners to progress to other industry-relevant qualifications in activity leadership, leisure operations or operational services.
After working in the industry for a period of time and having built on current level of knowledge and experience, some learners might wish to progress to supervisory/management roles, which the level 3 qualifications in Leisure Management and Sports Development can support.