The Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership is designed for those individuals who wish to gain both the knowledge and skills to effectively plan, deliver/lead and evaluate a series of activities. The activities that learners choose could include Outdoors, Exercise and Fitness, and Coaching and Leadership, which relate to the different pathways within this apprenticeship.
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport OR Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
- Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 1
- Functional Skills Qualification in Maths at Level 1
Prior to REGISTRATION you are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age to attend the programme of training
This qualification can lead to paid or voluntary employment in roles which involves leading activities for adults or young people. It could also be used as a progression to a sports specific coaching qualification.
The skills and knowledge developed through this qualification may also be used to enable learners to progress to other industry-relevant qualifications in activity leadership, leisure operations or operational services.
After working in the industry for a period of time and having built on current level of knowledge and experience, some learners might wish to progress to supervisory/management roles, which the level 3 qualifications in Leisure Management and Sports Development can support.