Level 2 Award
Working with Communities to Promote & Support Active Healthy Lifestyles
The Level 2 Award in Working with Communities to Promote & Support Active Healthy Lifestyles is Awarded by Active IQ and delivered by First Step Training.
The aim of the qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to promote and support active healthy living in their community. The qualification is ideal for anyone who is aged 16+, has a keen interest in health & well-being and either works as or is looking to work as the following:
- Fitness or Activity Professional
- Community Worker
- Health Care Professional
The Level 2 Award in Working with Communities to Promote & Support Active Healthy Lifestyles has one mandatory unit:
Unit 1: Working with communities to promote and support active healthy lifestyles.
On successful completion of this unit learners will:
- Understand the health needs of different communities
- Know how to promote and support physical activity and healthy living to meet local community needs
- Know how to support individuals making activity and lifestyle changes
- There are no specific entry requirements
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
This qualification leads to further learning or training in the areas of community support, health and well-being and fitness or activity delivery and may lead to paid or voluntary roles within those settings.
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Fitness and Activity Leader qualifications e.g. Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or the Active IQ Level 2 Award in Leading Health Related Activity Sessions
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Well Being
- Other health care qualifications