Level 2 Certificate
Coaching Strength and Conditioning
The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning is regulated at Level 2 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the strength and conditioning coach
- Understand how to develop participants through strength and conditioning
- Be able to plan a series of strength and conditioning coaching sessions
- Be able to deliver a series of strength and conditioning coaching sessions
- Be able to monitor and evaluate strength and conditioning coaching sessions
The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning assessment will require you to:
- Complete a series of written tasks within an online learner portfolio.
- Plan, deliver and review TWO series of FOUR linked and progressive session plans. Each series must focus on ONE of the following aspects of strength and conditioning, with TWO being covered across the TWO series:
The above sessions should be delivered in a real coaching environment and must be observed by a more qualified coach.
Learners are also responsible for:
- The preparation for all coaching environments used to deliver each of the planned coaching sessions.
- The evaluation of each of the ten delivered coaching sessions.
- The evaluation of the effectiveness of the two linked and progressive coaching programmes.
Prior to REGISTRATION you are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
It forms part of a structured and progressive programme of coaching strength and conditioning for sport and other related qualifications.
What can I use it for?
- To gain paid or unpaid employment as a strength and conditioning for sport coach
- As part of the development of a credible CV for employment in the sport, recreation and allied occupations industry
- As a stepping stone to the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport