The industry standard for PE & School Sport Deliverers
The 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Supporting the Delivery of Dance in Physical Education and School Sport has been developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE). It has been developed to provide you with the skills knowledge and understanding to allow the purposeful delivery of dance activity sessions within a Physical Education and School Sport environment. These skills include a deeper understanding of the benefits associated with dance, knowledge of a range of dance activities appropriate to learners in a given school setting (primary or secondary) and the ability to appropriately plan, delivery and review dance sessions linked to a relevant key stage.
Successful achievement of the qualification enables you to apply the principles of dance sessions to a range of participant groups, supporting healthy lifestyles in early years, children and young adults.
The qualification has been designed specifically to support the Health Agenda and to contribute to the overall health of school children both now and in the future.
This qualification, in combination with other qualifications, may allow you to deliver independent dance sessions as part of the physical education national curriculum.
Please note, if you do not have qualified teacher status, suitable teaching qualifications or without an appropriate Level 3 PESS qualification, you will only be permitted to provide support for the delivery of dance sessions under the supervision of a qualified member of school staff, such as a qualified teacher.
Prior to registration for the qualification you are required to:
- be accurately identified
- be at least 18 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English3 (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
You must also be able to evidence ONE of the following:
- possession of a regulated Level 2 or above qualification in delivering Physical Education and School Sport, thereby qualifying the learner to work as part of a team supporting Physical Education and School Sport
- possession of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or be able to evidence relevant teaching experience
- possession of a regulated Level 3 qualification in instructing dance e.g.IDTA Tap/Ballet.
There are no additional pre-requisites to certification other than successful completion of the assessment criteria.Apply now