Level 3 Certificate
Supporting the Delivery of PE & School Sport
The 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (QCF) has been developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE) and is supported by employers and the industry.
The qualification further develops your knowledge and understanding of a number of roles in providing Physical Education and School Sport (PESS). While it is delivered through the medium of PESS, the skills may be used by learners aspiring to work in other sporting roles, such as coaching.
100% of the learning that you will receive will support you in being able to assist others in the delivery of physical education and school sport in a suitable environment.
The qualification comprises of eight units of assessment. Upon successful completion of the qualification you will be awarded 28 credits.
During your achievement of the qualification you will complete the following learning outcomes:
- Communicating and maintaining professional relationship with children, young people and adults
- Understanding how children and young people develop, recognising when additional support may be required
- Understanding schools as organisations and the infrastructure behind this (education policy, legislation, school policies and procedures, school roles and responsibilities of staff and other key individuals)
- Being able to support, and assist with the review of, assessment for learning, working with both learners and teachers
- Planning, delivering and reviewing physical education and school sport programmes
During your learning and assessment programme, you will be assessed on the completion of a series of written tasks, the delivery of a number of individual session plans and self-reflection activities.
Prior to REGISTRATION you are required to:
- be 16 years of age of older
- hold a Level 2 Physical Education or sport-related qualification, for example the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport (QCF)
- hold GCSE in Physical Education (Grades A-C)
- be able to effectively communicate in English prior to registering for the qualification
The qualification is designed for if you already work, or aspire to work, in a physical education and school sport setting as it is specifically designed to provide you with a greater understanding of programmes of study for physical education, the national curriculum and the environment in which you will be operating.
The 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (QCF) prepares you for employment in a school sport setting through providing an introduction to opportunities for you to work as a physical education and school sport professional such as a children’s activity professional; sports development officer; sports coach; sports volunteer or leader.
The qualification can help you become a qualified Teaching Assistant (TA) or Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA). This is because four of the units within this qualification equal the Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF), which is a qualification that provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding for those working directly with children or young people in schools.
You can then use this prior knowledge to gain access to the Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF).