A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
Our traineeship programme (Coaching Academy) last up to a maximum of 12 weeks and include:
- Upto 5 Industry Standard or Employer Specific Qualifications
- Work preparation training
- English and maths support if required
- a high-quality work experience placement with an employer
In addition to these basic elements, you can add flexible additional content to meet the needs of your business and the local labour market.
At the end of their traineeship, each young person will be guaranteed a job interview if a role becomes available or an exit interview together with meaningful written feedback to help them secure an apprenticeship or employment with another employer.
If you are interested in finding out more about employing trainees or offering traineeships and the benefits they can bring to a business please complete the contact us form.
What are the responsibilities of the employer?
You will need to commit to a high quality work experience placement, lasting at least 100 hours* over a maximum of 6 months.
This should include:
- Pre-agreed content and objectives between your company, the training organisation and the trainee, where they learn through doing and working.
- Trainees should receive support and training from an identified mentor in the business, receiving regular constructive feedback.
- Ideally an interview for a position or apprenticeship, or an exit interview with written feedback.
- Employers are not required to pay trainees but are encouraged to support them with expenses such as transport and meals.