First Step Training have partnered with the Bikeability Trust, DfT, and Cycle Training Providers introduce a new Cycle Instructor Apprenticeship Pathway.
This pathway has been created to have a substantial contribution towards the target of increasing the cycle training workforce by the projected 1000 cycle instructors, required to ensure EVERY child and their family have access to cycling.
First Step Training have designed a tailor-made apprenticeship pathway suited perfectly to the Cycle Instructor job role, with the aim of creating a more well-rounded and diverse cycle instructor workforce.
Did you know?
Apprentice aren’t just for new employees, you can also enrol current members of your team on the Cycle Instructor Apprenticeship, this will allow you to offer a fantastic CPD opportunity, as well as add significant value to your current service offer to customers.
who's it for?
We are excited to partner with cycle training providers across England who can provide an excellent working environment for an apprentice(s) to develop and grow. The apprenticeship is designed to help cycle training providers create a workforce that is appropriately qualified, passionate and committed to the role.
Here are a few benefits of employing an apprentice:
- Cost effective Staffing.
- Industry trained after 1-3 months.
- Improve staff retention – In a recent employer survey, 74% of employers stated that apprentices tended to be more loyal, than non-apprentices.
- Financial incentives for employers to help with employment costs.
- Improved onboarding experience for employers and the apprentice.
- Have a direct impact on the training of their employees.
- Developing a well-rounded workforce.
- Increased number of ideas for innovative cycle projects for providers.
- Improved quality and increase the diversity of their workforce.
The Cycle Instructor Apprenticeship is designed to provide learners with all the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to become a successful cycle instructor.
Apprentices will complete:
- Level 2 Community Activator Apprenticeship Standard
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training
Apprentices will also gain added value training, with cycle instructor specific:
- Safeguarding Workshop
- Equality & Diversity Workshop
- H&S Workshop
- British Values Training