First Step Training work with employers across England delivering sports related apprenticeships to members of their team.
Becoming an apprentice is a great way of adding value to a business whilst improving your own skills, knowledge and behaviours. Organisations are always looking for motivated and committed people with a willingness to learn and progress, and an apprenticeship is the perfect way to do just that!
During the apprenticeship you will work with a dedicated apprenticeship tutor to develop a variety of skills and knowledge, whilst gaining hands-on experience under the guidance of an employment mentor within your work setting.
who's it for?
The Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship Standard was designed specifically for people with aspirations of working in roles such as a Sports Coach, Cycle Instructor, Activator, Activity Leader or Community Worker. This pathway is ideal for you if you:
- Have a passion for sport and physical activity.
- Are motivated and committed to your own development.
- Have a desire to improve the lives of others.
- Enjoy practical and theoretical learning.
- Are looking for a long-term career.
We deliver different pathways depending on your working context. You will work towards achieving, the apprenticeship standard, one of the optional qualifications and all the added value training.
- Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship Standard
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Sport & Physical Activity)
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Working with Communities to Promote & Support Active Healthy Lifestyles.
Added Value Training:
- Safeguarding Workshop
- Equality & Diversity Workshop
- H&S Workshop
- British Values
Want to know more?
Still looking for an employer?
First Step Training work with employing organisations all over England, so if you don’t already have an employer within the industry, please complete the form below and attach your CV. If you are happy for us to do so, we will contact our employer partners in your area to see if they are looking to fill any vacancies.