Developed in partnership with UK Coaching and other experts within the sector, the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Multi-Skills Development in Sport will introduce learners to the principles of coaching fundamental movement skills and sport-specific skills via the planning, delivery and review of a series of linked and progressive coaching sessions.
A Level 2 Multi-Skills coach will be able to apply this knowledge to sport-specific coaching sessions or plan, deliver and review sessions purely linked to the development of fundamental movement skills (such as agility, balance and coordination) or sport-specific skills (such as jumping, throwing and catching)
The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Multi-Skills Development in Sport is made up of the following 12 mandatory tasks:
- Task 1: The Role and Responsibilities of the Coach
- Task 2: Duty of Care
- Task 3: Development Models
- Task 4: Nutrition and Hydration
- Task 5: Coaching Styles and Participant Development
- Task 6: Inclusive Coaching Practice
- Task 7: Fundamental Movement Skills
- Task 8: Sport Specific Skills
- Task 9: Safe Coaching Practice
- Task 10: Plan a Series of Linked and Progressive Multi-Skills Coaching Sessions
- Task 11: Deliver and Evaluate a Series of Linked and Progressive Multi-Skills Coaching Sessions
- Task 12: Practical Demonstration of Coaching
Centre systems for the initial assessment of learners must ensure that pre-requisites to registration and certification are considered during the application stage
Prior to REGISTRATION you are required to:
- be appropriately identified
- be at least 16 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
To coach INDEPENDENTLY you are required to:
- be 18 years of age
This qualification leads to further learning or training in the area of coaching sport and may lead to paid or voluntary roles relating to coaching multi-skills.
Learners achieving this qualification will:
- Become qualified to support children’s successful participation in sport
- Learn how to design, deliver and evaluate a linked and progressive series of multi-skills activity sessions
- Make a positive impact on the children they’re working with by developing their movement confidence and sport-related skills
- Help children master the fundamentals of movement in a fun, imaginative and progressive way
- Make sport more enjoyable for children and young people…and much more!
Complete the form below to submit your enquiry
What They're Saying
Cannot thank JL enough, she is brilliant at delivering the course. Fantastic in replying quickly, and getting the work sent back if needed. Cannot rate JL high enough. Thank you so much!!! You are a superstar!!
It took me a lot longer to finish this course due to the pandemic and the ability to complete the practical assignments. I felt that the course was flexible to situation that I was in. Thank you AB for your support, feedback and advice.
My tutor was brill. So helpful friendly and approachable and very patient and calming.
JL was brilliant though-out the course. She gave me constructive feedback and was incredibly supportive. This has given me the confidence I need to further my professional development. I thank her for all she has done.