Level 2 Certificate
Coaching (Sport & Physical Activity)
The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Sport and Physical Activity) provides learners aged 14 and over with the skills and knowledge to be able to plan, deliver and evaluate linked and progressive coaching sessions with the potential to seek employment in a coaching role.
Successful achievement of the qualification enables learners to apply the principles of safe and effective sport and physical activity sessions to a group of participants through the delivery of a series of coaching sessions. Successful learners will develop an understanding of appropriate coaching skills and knowledge to be plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions.
The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching is made up of the following 11 mandatory tasks:
- Task 1: The Role and Responsibilities of the Coach
- Task 2: Duty of Care
- Task 3: Rules and Regulations
- Task 4: Nutrition and Hydration
- Task 5: Coaching Styles and Participant Development
- Task 6: Inclusive Coaching Practice
- Task 7: Safe Coaching Practice
- Task 8: Plan a Series of Linked and Progressive Coaching Sessions
- Task 9: Practical Demonstration of Coaching 1
- Task 10: Practical Demonstration of Coaching 2
- Task 11: Review of the Series of Coaching Sessions
Prior to REGISTRATION learners are required to:
- be appropriately identified
- be at least 14 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English
There are no further pre-requisites prior to certification other than the successful completion of all related 1st4sport assessed tasks.
This qualification leads to further learning or training in the area of coaching sport and may lead to paid or voluntary roles as a sports coach
Learners achieving this qualification will:
- become qualified to support children’s successful participation in sport
- learn how to design, deliver and evaluate a linked and progressive series of sports coaching sessions
- make a positive impact on the children they’re working with by developing their movement confidence and sport-related skills
- help children master the fundamentals of movement in a fun, imaginative and progressive way
- make sport more enjoyable for children and young people…and much more!