The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching provides learners aged 16 and over with the skills and knowledge to be able to plan, deliver and evaluate linked and progressive coaching sessions with the potential to seek employment in a coaching role.
Successful achievement of the qualification enables learners to apply the principles of safe and effective sport and physical activity sessions to a group of participants through the delivery of a series of coaching sessions. Successful learners will develop an understanding of appropriate coaching skills and knowledge to be plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions.
The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching is made up of the following 15 mandatory tasks:
- Task 1: Coaching Philosophies (online delivery)
- Task 2: Personal Development (online delivery)
- Task 3: Rules and Responsibilities (online delivery)
- Task 4: Participant Development (online delivery)
- Task 5: Assessing Your Participants (online delivery)
- Task 6: Designing A Coaching Programme (online delivery)
- Task 7: Barriers and Limitations (online delivery)
- Task 8: Communicating With Others (online delivery)
- Task 9: Knowing Your Coaching Environment (online delivery)
- Task 10: Duty Of Care (online delivery)
- Task 11: Safe Coaching Practice (online delivery)
- Task 12: Behaviour Management (online delivery)
- Task 13: Planning For Activity Sessions
- Task 14: Deliver Progressive Sessions
- Task 15: Review Of Delivery Sessions
Prior to REGISTRATION learners are required to:
- be appropriately identified
- be at least 16 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English
There are no further pre-requisites prior to certification other than the successful completion of all related 1st4sport assessed tasks.
This qualification leads to further learning or training in the area of coaching sport and may lead to paid or voluntary roles as a sports coach
Learners achieving this qualification will:
- become qualified to support children’s successful participation in sport
- learn how to design, deliver and evaluate a linked and progressive series of sports coaching sessions
- make a positive impact on the children they’re working with by developing their movement confidence and sport-related skills
- help children master the fundamentals of movement in a fun, imaginative and progressive way
- make sport more enjoyable for children and young people…and much more!
Complete the form below to submit your enquiry
What They're Saying
JL and the team were absolutely brilliant and were able to help me complete this course in my own time. I will be looking to book further training with this provider in the future.
Very approachable tutor who was always ready to help with great advice and guidance. Team was always friendly when called to make enquiries. Would definitely recommend to others.
I really loved the course, thank you JL for everything! Really enjoyed the live sessions and made me feel welcomed. Gave loads of encouragement. Would definitely recommend.
I have extremely enjoyed completing this course. I felt supported by my tutor and felt encouraged to work my hardest and try my very best. I believe the enthusiasm of my tutor helped me to complete this course to the highest of my ability.