Level 2 Award
Instructing Cycle Training - Pathway 2
The 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training is awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications and has been developed in partnership with, and is supported by, The Bikeability Trust – the national charity for the UK government’s cycle education programme.
The 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training replaces the previous NSI qualification and is now recognised as the new industry standard for Bikeability deliverers. All current NSI’s MUST update their qualification within 24 months to continue delivering Bikeability.
Price £285 will include:
- 1st4sport Registration Fee
- Pre-course Materials
- Online Theory Assessment
- Tutor Guidance (if required)
- Post Course Assessment (PCA)
Candidates can complete their PCA at First Step Cycle Bikeability courses in the Humber Region as part of the original course fee.
Please be aware that any PCA requirements outside of the Humber Region will be subject to an additional Assessor travel expense charge.
The Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training is made up of the following 5 mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Understand the role and responsibilities of the cycle training instructor
- Unit 2: Plan cycle training and assessment
- Unit 3: Deliver cycle training and assessment
- Unit 4: Reviewing cycle training and assessment
- Unit 5: Plan to improve professional practice
Pathway 2 – For Current NSI’s
- Register with First Step Training (provide NSI No.)
- Complete online assessment tasks and upload required evidence
- Complete Post Course Assessment (PCA)
NB. Although current NSI’s are not required to attend the 4-day course, they are still required to complete all assessed tasks, online portfolio and post course assessment (confirmed by 1st4sport)